- Student Services
- Child Development & Early Learning
- Special Education
- Adult Programs
- Homeless & Foster Youth
- Student Health & Prevention
- Student Events
- Academic Decathlon
- Butte County High School Anglers
- Great Kindness Challenge
- High School Voter Education Week
- Juried Art Show
- Mock Trial
- National History Day
- Theme Information
- Competition Information
- Start NHD at your School
- 2017/2018 Results & Photo Gallery
- NHD 2020 Pictures
- NHD Media Gallery
- Northern California Esports League
- Poetry Out Loud
- Special Olympics
- Spelling Bee
- Northern CA Esports League
- Student Record Request Form
BUTTE COUNTY NATIONAL HISTORY DAY
Historical exhibition presents information about an event, person, place, or idea from the past by physically displaying documents, images, or objects. We often see such exhibits at museums, but they are also presented at many other places such as archives, historic sites, park visitor centers, classrooms, and even airports and train stations.
For your National History Day project, you will tell the story of your research through historic photographs, maps, drawings and other interesting objects. An exhibit is a visual representation of your research and interpretation of your topic’s significance in history, much like a small museum exhibit. The analysis and interpretation of your topic must be clear and evident to the viewer. Labels and captions should be used creatively with visual images and objects to enhance the message of your exhibit.
SOME QUESTIONS TO CONSIDER:
- Do I enjoy building things with my hands?
- Can my topic be explained by mostly using pictures and artifacts?
- Will I be able to transport my exhibit to a contest?