- Student Services
- Child Development & Early Learning
- Special Education
- Adult Programs
- Homeless & Foster Youth
- Student Health & Prevention
- Student Events
- Academic Decathlon
- Butte County High School Anglers
- Great Kindness Challenge
- High School Voter Education Week
- Juried Art Show
- Mock Trial
- National History Day
- Theme Information
- Competition Information
- Start NHD at your School
- 2017/2018 Results & Photo Gallery
- NHD 2020 Pictures
- NHD Media Gallery
- Northern California Esports League
- Poetry Out Loud
- Special Olympics
- Spelling Bee
- Northern CA Esports League
- Student Record Request Form
BUTTE COUNTY NATIONAL HISTORY DAY
A paper is the traditional form for presenting historical research and interpretation. As an alternative to a research paper, students may choose to write an historically-based creative paper, such as a fictional diary or an epic poem, however it must conform to all general and category rules. Your paper should be grammatically correct and well written. Please note the historical paper category is for individual students only.
History papers present information and analyze an event, person, place or idea from the past in writing. Although you might attach a map, chart or photograph that you refer to in your paper, you will rely mainly on words. Writing a paper is a chance to tell what you know and what you think about a part of the past.
Some questions to consider:
- Do I enjoy writing more than speaking in front of an audience?
• Would my topic be easier to describe in writing since it requires a lot of explanation?
• Do I work well by myself? (This is the only category that you cannot work in a group.)