- Student Services
- Child Development & Early Learning
- Special Education
- Adult Programs
- Homeless & Foster Youth
- Student Health & Prevention
- Student Events
- Academic Decathlon
- Butte County High School Anglers
- Great Kindness Challenge
- High School Voter Education Week
- Juried Art Show
- Mock Trial
- National History Day
- Theme Information
- Competition Information
- Start NHD at your School
- 2017/2018 Results & Photo Gallery
- NHD 2020 Pictures
- NHD Media Gallery
- Northern California Esports League
- Poetry Out Loud
- Special Olympics
- Spelling Bee
- Northern CA Esports League
- Student Record Request Form
BUTTE COUNTY NATIONAL HISTORY DAY WEBSITE
A historical website is a collection of web pages, interconnected with hyperlinks, that presents primary and secondary sources, interactive multimedia, and historical analysis. Your website should be an accumulation of research and argument that incorporates textual and non-textual (photographs, maps, music, etc.) description, interpretation, and multimedia sources to engage and inform viewers about your chosen historical topic.
The website category is the most interactive of all NHD categories. Therefore, a website should reflect your ability to use website design software and computer technology to communicate the topic’s significance in history. It should incorporate textual and non-textual (photographs, maps, music, etc.) descriptions, interpretations, and sources to engage and inform viewers. To construct a web site project, you must be able to operate, and have access to, the Internet, appropriate software and equipment.
Students must use the NHD web portal (https://website.nhd.org/) to create and submit their websites for competition.
Some questions to consider:
- Do I enjoy working with computer technology?
- Can my topic be split into a website format?
- Do I have steady access to the internet in order to work on my entry?