- Student Services
- Child Development & Early Learning
- Special Education
- Adult Programs
- Homeless & Foster Youth
- Student Health & Prevention
- Student Events
- Academic Decathlon
- Butte County High School Anglers
- Great Kindness Challenge
- High School Voter Education Week
- Juried Art Show
- Mock Trial
- National History Day
- Theme Information
- Competition Information
- Start NHD at your School
- 2017/2018 Results & Photo Gallery
- NHD 2020 Pictures
- NHD Media Gallery
- Northern California Esports League
- Poetry Out Loud
- Special Olympics
- Spelling Bee
- Student Record Request Form
Parents-Why Do History Day?
BUTTE COUNTY NATIONAL HISTORY DAY
PARENTS: WHY DO HISTORY DAY?
As a parent there are many reasons you would want your child to participate in History day.
- have a fun creative outlet to excel in something they are interested in.
- reach a level of career and college readiness that many don’t have after graduating high school.
- get the opportunity to work with other students and new friendships are made.
- learn to do college-level research with primary and secondary sources.
- learn interview and communication skills.
- receive praise and recognition for academic accomplishments.