About Expanded Learning Programs
Expanded Learning Statement of Purpose...
By creating unique opportunities the Expanded Learning Program will...
- enrich students' academic experience through technology and hands-on learning
- encourage students to pursue healthy behaviors
- embrace strong school, family and community partnerships
- empower students to achieve educational and lifelong success
Expanded Learning Goals
To assist students in grades K - 8 in achieving academic success through expanded learning opportunities . . .
- Provide educational, enrichment and recreational opportunities to improve student skills and success in academics (primarily reading and math), health, safety, arts, recreation, entrepreneurial ventures, and technology.
- Build mentor capacity in students and the community.
- Provide a safe place for children
every dayschool is in session from the time the final school bell rings until at least 6:00 p.m.
- Provide positive, structured, adult supervision.
- Teach children ways of resolving conflicts.
- Provide tutoring and homework assistance.
- Provide opportunities to learn new skills.
- Develop school to career opportunities.
Sample Site Activities:
- Chess & Strategic Gaming
- Speed Stacking
- Accelerated Math
- Sign Language
- Math Lab
- Homework Help
- Stop, Drop and Read
- Youth Leadership
- Digital Photography
- Video Yearbook
- Sports Conditioning
- Rally Ball
- Accelerated Reader
- Lego Robotics
- The First Tee Golf
- Intramural Sports
Julie Jarrett - Director
1859 Bird Street, Oroville, CA 95965
Phone: (530) 532-5613
Fax: (530) 532-5699
Tammy Long - Administrative Assistant
Phone: (530) 532-3051