Annual Employee Awards
Each year, the superintendent honors and recognizes employees for their superior service and dedication to Butte County Office of Education
Listed below are the five categories for which BCOE employees may be nominated. Each category includes the criteria on which the nominees will be scored based on the written description provided. Any person can make a nomination in any one of the categories. There is also no limit to the number of nominations submitted. Recipients of these awards will be selected by the Nominating Committee.
SUPPORT EMPLOYEE OF THE YEAR
Given to an employee who has made significant contributions to student learning, schools, parents, and community and who consistently goes above and beyond the call of duty. (Example of eligible positions: College Tutor, Maintenance Worker, Student Activities Assistant, Clerical Support, Paraprofessional etc.)
- Recipient consistently provides exceptional, accurate, and professional work.
- Recipient demonstrates resourcefulness in improving practices and/or procedures.
- Recipient proactively notices needs and takes the initiative to meet those needs.
- Recipient supports other team members and/or contributes to the overall success of the department or program.
TEACHER OF THE YEAR
Given to an employee who has made significant contributions to student learning, schools, parents, and community and who consistently goes above and beyond the normal expectations of a teacher.
- Recipient demonstrates exemplary skills, dedication and knowledge in their field.
- Recipient is well respected by students, parents, colleagues and BCOE leadership.
- Recipient is poised and articulate and possess the energy to withstand a busy schedule.
- Recipient demonstrates passion and leadership through active roles in the school and community.
- Recipient engages in collaboration with colleagues to initiate innovative approaches.
- Recipient inspires students of all backgrounds and abilities to learn.
MANAGER OF THE YEAR
Given to an employee who has made significant contributions to BCOE employees, students, and programs and who consistently goes above and beyond the normal expectations of a manager.
- Demonstrates leadership of a positive team environment.
- Displays characteristics of integrity, competent work ethic, and has gained the respect and confidence of his/her peers.
- Participates regularly in professional development opportunities and supports the growth of others aspiring to succeed.
- Engages in collaboration with colleagues to initiate innovative approaches.
- Has made contributions to the success of BCOE.
- Practices effective communication that includes active listening.
- Interacts and participates in BCOE events and functions.
Given to an employee who models, exemplifies, and promotes outstanding leadership qualities and behaviors.
- Motivates others to excel.
- Demonstrates significant organizational commitment.
- Leads by example in contributing to the team’s or division’s productivity and outcomes.
- Takes initiative to make things better.
- Shares resources and collaborates with others to help the team succeed.
- Demonstrates professionalism and ethical behaviors.
EXTRA MILE AWARD
Given to an employee who consistently provides extra effort and uses positive behaviors to make their division/department a better place.
- Recognizes needs and consistently volunteers to contribute extra help whenever and wherever needed.
- Consistently shows support to colleagues.
- Encourages teamwork and unity.
- Consistently uses positive behaviors while helping make the division or department a better place.