Child Development Services

CTC - Child Development Permits

In general, first-time applicants for a Child Development Permit will require the following:

  • Application form 41-4
  • Official college transcripts verifying course work and/or degree requirements. Only course work earned with a grade of "C" or better can be used.
  • An original verification of experience form signed by your employer. If you operate your own family home child care facility, your experience must be documented on form CL-878. Additionally, verification of family child care attendance must be obtained from three families on form CL-877.
  • Completed Master Teacher Specialization Designation form, as applicable.
  • Fingerprints submitted to the CTC using Form 41-LS. A copy of this form will need to be submitted with your application packet.

The Child Development Training Consortium (CDTC) provides services, training, technical assistance, and resources to students and professionals working with and for children. In doing so, they help promote professionalism and high quality early care and education programs that benefit California's children and families. The CDTC may be able to provide financial assistance to individuals seeking to apply for or renew a Child Development Permit. Be aware that CDTC requires completion of additional forms in order to be eligible for their funding assistance. Information for the current year's funding is available on CDTC's website. Please check their website annually for the most up-to-date funding information.

For specific information regarding the application process, or to obtain an evaluation, contact the BCOE Credentials Office.