High School Voter Education Weeks
September 16-27, 2019
The California Education Code designates the last two full weeks in April and September to be High School Voter Education Weeks. This provides an opportunity for high schools and their students to partner with county elections officials to promote civic education and participation on campus and foster an environment that cultivates lifelong voters and active citizens.
Below is a list of resources to assist with the promotion of these High School Voter Education Weeks.
- Secretary Padilla's resolution (PDF)
- Secretary of State and Superintendent of Public Instruction Joint Letter (PDF)
- Best Practices for voter outreach in high schools, shared by CA Counties (PDF)
- California Department of Education School Directory (By County)
- Pre-Registration Flyer (PDF)
- Student Poll Worker Flyer (PDF)
- Online Voter Registration Flyer (PDF)