Registration of Credentials, Permits or Certificates issued by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC):

As of 9/1/08, the CTC stopped printing and mailing credential and permit documents. At that time, the CTC website became the official record of all credentials, permits, and certificates issued by the state. BCOE will only register documents following a formal look-up on the CTC web site: Educator Search

  • BCOE will only register documents following a formal look-up on the CTC website.
  • Registration may take place in person or by phone.
  • Please be prepared to state your social security number and date of birth in order to allow us to complete this process.

Credential / Permit Renewals:

All Professional, Professional Clear, and Clear credentials, as well as all Emergency 30-Day Substitute Teaching Permits must be renewed online by following the instructions on the Commission on Teacher Credentialing website.

The fee for each renewed document is $102.50 and is payable only by credit or debit cards with a Visa or MasterCard logo. Some Child Development Permits are eligible for online renewal as well, however the Emergency Substitute Teaching Permit for Prospective Teachers, all Preliminary credentials, and all Internship credentials are not renewable through the online process. Please contact the Credentials staff for further information regarding the renewal of these types of documents.

Please remember that online renewal must take place prior to the expiration date of the document to be renewed. The BCOE Credentials Office recommends that all online renewals take place at least three months prior to expiration. In the event that your credential/permit has already expired, or the Commission's website won't allow you to renew online, please contact the Credentials Office for further instruction.