Tobacco & Prevention Services
Parents / Guardians / Community Youth Organizations
HOW TO TALK TO YOUNG PEOPLE:
WHAT IS VAPING?
HEALTH EFFECTS OF VAPING:
HOW DO I HELP MY YOUNG PERSON QUIT TOBACCO/VAPING?
Youth-Based Community Coalition Support
BCOE wellness and prevention programs are regular members of three youth engagement based organizations:
- Nicotine Action Alliance (NAA)
- Butte Youth Now
- Oroville Area Resource and Support Committee (OARS) coordinated by the Boys and Girls Clubs of the North Valley
If you are school staff you can find presentation sign-ups, alternatives to suspensions, and resouces on what to look for on campus regarding vape products:
- Tobacco & Vaping (Four Lessons)
- Nicotine & Addiction (Two Lessons)
- Vaping (One Lesson)
- Intervention Referrals
What to look for:
Click image for full size printable document.
"Where Do They Hide Them?" Video
- Vape Facts
- Tobacco Facts
- Tobacco Learning Activities - Stanford Tobacco Toolkit
- Scholastic Teachers Guide
- Scholastic Vaping Curriculum